Thursday, June 07, 2007

Work

For the past two days, I have worked in a call centre (dun, dun duuuuuuuh!!). I have spoken to somewhere in the region of 300 people from all over the country about whether or not they might be owed money. The company I was working for was pretty naff - really rude, didn't give any information (like where the toilet was...) etc etc. Not what you expect as a temp, normally there are quite clear rules about the information you must give a temp blah blah so you actually know the place quite well. Anyway, it was inbound calls (there is no chance I would do the outbound calling thing unless it was for a really good cause) so not horrific and actually I quite enjoyed talking to so many people. And I hope I brightened some of their days by being friendly rather than officious.
Now I have a slightly sore throat from almost non-stop talking and a generally uncomfortable left ear from the headset. Some people worked at this place permanently. I've no idea how they survived!

No comments: