Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Favourite Lines in Films

Normally for me a post with a title like this would involve various highly quoted lines from films such as The Princess Bride, The Holy Grail, Star Wars, The Sound of Music... but that is a different post for a different day.

At the moment, there are two lines from two films that I am enjoying very much.

First, "I know that such a legend exists because I made it up" from Miss Potter (for those who haven't seen it, it is a "lovely, gentle film" in my mum's words...).
I love the idea of just making up a legend. Making up any kind of story is something I love but the confidence and self-assurance of making up a legend is wonderful. I think I would like to make up a legend.

Second, "I realised that if I was going to save the world, it would be through cookies" from Stranger Than Fiction. When I was a child, I firmly believed that I was going to change/save the world one way or another. I mostly thought that this would involve being at least vaguely famous in some way and some sort of Nobel prize... The older I get, the more I see that if I were ever going to change the world, it would be through cookies. Or soup. Or hugs. Or chats. Or coffee. Or something like that.

3 comments:

Mad Medea said...

Soup definitely has the possibility of changing the world.

Ellie said...

Miss Potter made me cry. Lots. Much to the horror of the bloke sitting next to me on the plane.

I like the thought of soup changing the world.

p.s. you have no idea the difficulty I've had in typing this comment, I keep wanting to spell things very, very wrong, for no apparent reason. Wierd.

AdventuringJen said...

MM - totally!
Ellie - Heh heh! I've mostly managed to "hold it in" when I've watched Miss Potter - just! But I always find I cry more at films on planes! Have you seen Big Fish? That's my biggest recent cry!