Friday, June 15, 2007

Issues

So this week has been a week of minor traumas and dilemmas that have served a useful role in distracting me from next week's surgery. Which is something I do quite well. Transferring panic from a big thing to lots of little things.
Thus far I have been traumatised over

  • Our rented washing machine and the bizarre way in which they handle payments
  • Trying to get hold of icky gross preparatory medicine for surgery
  • Continually failing to renew my library book
  • Feeling guilty for not doing any temping
  • Rearranging flights to Sydney to see my bro
  • Driving licences (now that we are staying more than a year we need NZ ones. Or something.)
  • Visas (ok, so these last few do merit some concern of their own)
  • Trying not to get a cold

And the last one has probably been the one I've stressed about least but in some ways would have been the most valid one to worry over... And this morning Husbink woke up with a horrid cold. So I'm now working on pretending I have it and trying to treat it in advance. Which is nice as it involves lots of watching DVDs (proven cure, y'know) and drinking mucho tea and so on.

I'm suspecting I may have gone mad.

No comments: