Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hospital

So I've been trying my hardest not to put more details than people might want to know on here about any of the surgery stuff... So I'll attempt to summarise the hospital stay without any of the ooook.
Sleeping is not easy. Despite the fact that it was a private hospital so I had a room all to myself, they curtained off the door but left it open. Meaning that Mr Not-quite-snoring-but-breathing-loud-enough-to-be-very-disturbing was still extremely audible. Later in the night he became Mr Shouting-in-my-sleep at which point I got my door closed...
I mostly did not sleep. I mostly listened to the strange NZ classical radio station. Which was very good until sometime around 2 in the morning (I think...) when it started to have bizarre stories-to-music things going on...There were two stories about dragons that I didn't quite manage to fathom (and added to the slightly hallucinatory (word?!) sensation I had going on... There was then a very swift adaptation of The Wind in the Willows. That was just rather alarming - especially the noises given to the stoats/weasels...
Probably, that is about as far as I can go without endangering the trying-not-to-gross-people-out thing. Other than to say I was very impressed with the nurses, they were great. And no, I'm not just sucking up to Welshy.
Time for more sleep

2 comments:

doctor/woman said...

Glad it was ok. Hope you are recovering fast. Thinking of you xxx

AdventuringJen said...

Thank you m'dear. Recovery going better and better each day :) feeling pretty chipper today though I think it is time for sleep now...
xxx