Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Missing things: A shallow post...

Recently I have had a bout of missing things that did not make the cut when it came to packing for our adventure.
I miss my reasonably-thin-well-fitting-cream-roll-neck-jumper.
I miss my handbags. The multi coloured greeny/bluey one that holds everything in the world (and reminds me of Mary Poppins in more ways than one) and was a major bargain from Asda. The see-throughy one with pinky stripes that screamed "it's summer" (thank you Welsherella). The blue denimy one that never held as much as it should, didn't stay on my shoulder very well yet maintained a special place in my heart.
I miss my boots. The two ridiculous pairs that I bought last winter from the very cheap place on Kirkstall road. The green ones with the fluffy bits that mostly resembled glorified wellies. But made me taller. And the cowboy-ish ones that were perhaps the weirdest colour possible in normal shoe tones.
I miss the jeans that are now stupidly large on me but very soft from having owned them too long.
I miss the coat that Husbink's parents got me for Christmas a few years ago. A nice proper blue with a giant hood and fluffy white bits.
I miss all our lovely wedding presents - like the ridiculously over sized wine glasses and our very satisfying denby mugs.
I miss my leather jacket. So much so that without realising it, I bought a cardigan exactly the same shape that has become entirely my favourite item of clothing.
I miss other things too. But that is not the point of this post.

No comments: