Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My day

I'm still trying to work out what I should and shouldn't attempt to do in any given day a) since surgery and b) while trying to do this whole having space/working out the rest of my life thing.
On Monday Husbink and I went for a big walk. By big, I mean a bit less than an hour though it was at least up hill. This was too much and I spent the rest of Monday with quite a lot of post-surgery-type pain again.
On Tuesday, I pootled all morning while Husbink tried to finish HP before going to work. When he went out, I went and did a few jobs like dropping off library books and then spent a few hours at a friend's house chatting/watching children's dvds with her daughter who has chicken pox. All was well but I wanted to go to bed at about 7.30pm. I held out until 9.30pm.
Today I got up after 12 hours in bed, pootled a bit, spent some time with Husbink (he has now finished HP), went to a friend's house to discuss the women's retreat our church is running in September at which I get to be the speaker (very excited, yes, I know I'm odd with my love of public speaking...), came home in time to do my two tutorials and well, I'm only still awake because I didn't get round to putting my electric blanket on earlier!
Today feels like it has been the most "successful" day of the week so far in terms of not doing too much/doing enough. But I just don't know how to get the balance. I want to start doing stuff - and specifically picking up my fitness levels again - but some stuff seems to the be wrong stuff and only has a detrimental effect.
Whinge, whinge, whinge...sorry!

2 comments:

SuzySnoo said...

*strokey*
You'll figure it out soon enough!! how to balance it, what exercise helps and what hinders.
(that got me randomly thinking about those little finger exercises - we must do our exercises - if you don't know what i mean your gonna think I'm mad)
Walking up a big hill does sound a little silly!!! pootling sounds better! Maybe you should build on the pootling.

AdventuringJen said...

We just keep having such glorious weather...and you never know when it is going to break...and the hills are just there... ;)
Yesterday I did a little bit of exercise at the gym so it was very controlled and although I was tired in the evening, it was basically just tired and not anything more.
Ah, I don't know Snoo, finding the balance, working it all out, wargh! xxxx