Friday, July 13, 2007

Hooooorah!

Today we went to the Immigration office.
When we arrived, we found that its hours had changed and we were not at the front of the queue as hoped/expected.
Then we found that the system was not the same as in the London office and that it seemed we could stand in a queue to talk to reception but we couldn't be "seen" and would just have to leave everything with them once reception had done a cursory check.
We got to the front of said queue, explained ourselves and found that the charge was going to be double what we expected. But they did say that the evidence of our relationship was sufficient (still no marriage certificate, now just quite sad that it might be lost forever...but it could still turn up) so that was reassuring.
After this quick checking through, I asked if it would be possible to pay then because of the method we wanted to pay by and the receptionist said "hold on a minute" and disappeared. Reappearing, she did not offer us an EFTPOS machine but instead said "seeing as you are desirable people, someone can see you now".
Expecting to just pay and have a more thorough check of our docs, we headed round the corner. A little under an hour later we left with everything done! We have visas through to February! All is good!
We then in elated moods went on to discuss what made us desirable people which all got quite silly...
Tomorrow, we can book our trip to Sydney :)

6 comments:

phishez said...

Congratulations! I knew it would work out.

Ellie said...

Well done! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the marriage certificate turns up now!

x

AdventuringJen said...

Thank you :) It's amazing the relief today and the number of other things that were bugging me that aren't now!

SuzySnoo said...

I'm glad they noticed you were 'desirable people'. We've known this for a long time!! lol

AdventuringJen said...

Snoo - heh heh! I assumed this was the doctor element, Husbink assumed it was my natural charms!
xxx

SuzySnoo said...

In a strange posh voice - "I ham ha doctor if you didn't know, and this is my charming wife Jennifer, ahem." That's how it went, I'm sure!! haha.