Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Gym

Today, we joined a gym. As we don't have anywhere to live in 2.5 weeks time, I'm unemployed in 3.5 weeks time, our visas semi-expire in a month...this might have seemed like a slightly strange priority. But oooh, it did feel good. When we joined a gym in Leeds I thought it would be the one and only time I joined a gym. I didn't think I'd like it at all. But having somewhere safe and warm and nice to exercise seems to agree with me. It even made me do strange things today, like saying "of course, 8am on Friday morning is a perfect time to have my fitness assessment". Hey ho.
Of course, really the good thing about going to the gym is coming home...and feeling justified in eating chips, chocolate and drinking wine...

1 comment:

doctor/woman said...

Gyms are good - and the only way I have ever managed to get myself to do proper regular exercise since leaving home is to join a nice gym. haven't been able to go recently due to the ribs, but hope to be back soon. enjoy!