Monday, May 14, 2007

Being Volatile

So, I've mostly got my head round the impending surgery. Or at least, I'm not entirely distracted by it.
However, I am mostly distracted by our housing situation. Which is that in ten days, we don't have one. We've currently rejected about four houses following drive bys (one of them was a shed). We've been rejected by three houses we were interested in. Twice for not wanting to stay long enough (a fair reason but really, what are we meant to do for nine months?) and once for being a couple (he wanted to let it out to a young, single, guy. surely as a landlord that should be bottom of the list of what you want?!).
So there has been a lot of crying...a little bit of throwing things...a lot of thinking of mean things about people (mostly about the various landlords)...a lot of hiding in a book to pretend that it is all going away...and a lot of being unable to string sentences together...
I also have a silly cold so I can't breathe either.
Grump. Grump. Grump.

4 comments:

doctor/woman said...

Oh dear...hope you find something soon. Will pray for you xxxx

Anonymous said...

At least there's still Neighbours for escapism! Clearly the landlord who wanted to rent it to a young single guy was gay and was looking for a new partner.

E-hugs ((((Jen))))

Love Ruth :)

Pomgirl said...

I'm sending hugs. Is there anything else I can send?

Alcohol, perhaps?

Take care, pet.xxx

AdventuringJen said...

Thank you lovelies.
I felt marvellously soothed by your comments, hugs and prayers. And Neighbours. And alcohol!
xxx