Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Things

Today I have done lots of achieving (washing, cleaning, shopping, sorting, list writing...) and so am allowing myself a play with photos for your enjoyment. (Well, for my enjoyment really, but I hope you enjoy too!)

So. On Saturday, after a slow morning pottering in the garden (and the skip being taken away, hurrah! Though I may have failed to blog about the roof men and the skip so that won't mean much necessarily, but be assured it caused great joy! We also saw this weta on our wall, quite impressive.)), we got ourselves all dressed up and headed round to Eastbourne (about a 25 minute drive from our house, on the harbour opposite Wellington) for our friends' wedding. It was lovely. The service was really warm and inclusive and lovely. Then we spent about an hour and a half in the church grounds sipping wine (or orange juice), eating canapes and cake, listening to the speeches and generally having a marvellous time. (Included in this time was trying to stay out of the sun as no one wanted to wear sun screen at a wedding!)

Following that time, the bride, groom and their families headed off for a family meal and a group of us made our way to the beach at Days Bay. As it had been cloudy and miserable in the morning, Husbink and I had not taken our togs but several others had and they were soon in the water despite its general freezing-ness and the rather large jellyfish that was coasting about the place.



Having remained fully clothed in our pretty dresses and shirts and ties, a few of us went to play frisbee. The wind was pretty strong (as usual) but I was getting the hang of aiming the frisbee about three feet to the left the person I was aiming at and it seemed to go pretty well! Unfortunately, one chap got a bit carried away and forgot about the wind. Next thing we knew, Husbink was trying to get the frisbee out of the tree like this:
Once everyone was dried off and warmed up and so on, we headed back to Eastbourne to a lovely little pub called the Lifeboat for tea. This was followed by a quick stroll on Eastbourne beach to watch the sunset before making our way to a restaurant called The Beach for the evening's entertainment. There was quite a comedy band so we had much fun dancing. The bridge & groom had taken lessons and impressed us all with their first dance - the groom had learnt how to shimmy very impressively! (I was glad Husbink noticed this too, I did not want to be accused of watching the groom's bottom!)


We made it home just after midnight, highly contented despite our car's complete failure to start without a jump all day!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! For so many things! Husbink has boys to play with, I see - very happy about that!
And shimmying sounds very impressive (and I think groom-bottom-watching is ok at a wedding - in a nice way, of course!)...

Mad Medea said...

Does sound like a very GOOD DAY! For some reason reading it just made me miss you lots and lots. Love you!

AdventuringJen said...

Welshy - Yes, Husbink has boys and it is good! At the wedding he knew more people than I did having been to the stag do which was cool. (I'd been to the hen but mostly knew everyone there already.) And thank you for absolving my bottom watching!! xxx
MM - :) It was. Miss you lots too! But we'll see you *quite* soon now. We are back in the UK in under 6 months... Love you!
xxx

AdventuringJen said...

Hallelujah! It just took me FIVE attempts to persuade blogger to publish my comment! It's my blog! Let me in!!!