Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ouch!

During January, the evening services at our church start with cricket and a BBQ (except that now building work has started on the cafe at church and that means no more BBQ. So just cricket then). Yesterday, I got there quite late and not much in the mood for cricket. But somehow, I was sucked in and very soon found myself chasing a ball with more "commitment" than usually display. Sadly this commitment was shown on rather slippy grass in pretty old, smooth soled trainers. I did a strange sort of splits and landed on my bottom. And twisted my knee. I wasn't immediately able to stand up but fortunately Husbink was there and did the doctor thing and all was well (apparently my cruciate ligaments felt a bit loose but nothing to worry about). By the end of the service I wasn't really aware that my knee hurt anymore. It twinged a little cycling home and I think I'll need to take care of it for a few days (which will be a bit tricky as it is a bank holiday here today and I'm going to the beach in a few hours for lots of sports...I think I'll stick to frisbee so I just knacker my shoulder instead!) but it will be fine.
On my way to bed last night I became aware of general stiffness over most of my body but specifically when I sat down. I put this down to the large number of hours spent sitting on the floor yesterday afternoon working on the embroidery of the pigs. When I woke up this morning and it had become continuous dull ache occasionally escalating to lots of pain all focussed on my right buttock, I realised otherwise. The initial concern was all for my left knee but really where the damage has been done is in the form of a large bruise on my behind. Fortunately, I don't think I have to sit down in public for a few days at least!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Um... stroky bottom...?! I hope that's acceptable! Te he...
Ouch. Sharing your pain: I fell down a hill in Spain in the summer and bruised my cocyx; all because of silly slippery Spanish streets! At least I got an interesting aliteration out of it though. How about crazy Christian cricket capers for yours?!
xx

AdventuringJen said...

Tee hee hee!
Sadly, I'm continuing my tale of woe - I didn't manage to stick to frisbee yesterday...this time it was some strange combo of my knee, the bat and the ball...At least as my knee isn't quite so well padded, I've got some pretty colours to show for it this time! (Not that I was intending to show my bottom to people were pretty colours to develop!!) xxx

Mad Medea said...

damn it welsherella - I wanted to say stroky bottom

MM.xx

AdventuringJen said...

tee hee hee hee heeee! And I needed a good tee hee today. :) xxx

SuzySnoo said...

I don't see why we can't all stroke Jen's bottom!!

Amy said...

Of course! Pragmatic Snoo! Who gets to stroke first?!

AdventuringJen said...

well, now, there is a reason to come visit!? xxx