Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We have a Date. Again.

On Monday we went to the travel agent. I cried on the way there and then had to keep walking out of the office to not embarrass myself too hugely with my blubbing while there. We fortunately had a very understanding travel agent.

We leave here on Feb 5th (sorry Ruthing) and, after a few days in Sydney and Singapore, arrive home in the very wee small hours of Feb 10th. And then? Who knows!

Now that we actually have the flights, I'm a lot less emotional. For a little while anyway. I suspect the next few months are going to be rather punctuated with teary moments!

What is very good is that before we had managed to book our flights, some friends here had booked their flights for a three month jaunt round Europe next Aug-Oct, so at least it isn't saying goodbye to everyone all at once...

I guess what is harder about leaving here is that we don't know that we will come back. Most likely, we will come back for visits at least but we don't know. Leaving England, although it was sad to say goodbye to people, we knew (horrific accidents and so on aside) that we would go back and we would see them again. This time, I guess that is a little more unknown.

But I'm chatting with my parents and despite the horribly early start they will have to make, they will be meeting us at the airport. That will be good. :)

(In other news...only a few days of Movember left! Hurrah! I managed to declare a few days ago that Husbink's mo was ok...as long as it wasn't beneath his nose...)

5 comments:

Rosanna said...

Oh my goodness - Jen, it sounds like hard work! But congratulations on getting flights - I hope everything works out for you.

Anonymous said...

A least with all the family here we know we have to come back, it's much different for you. Although it might seem like an important period is ending (which it is) you and Husbink are still really young and who knows what opportunties there will be in the future?

Sending hugs, dear girl.

AdventuringJen said...

Rosanna - It has been, but it is all done now. Even the shipping company is booked so now I can enjoy the rest of the time. Phew!
Pom - Absolutely. :) Thank you. Opportunities is a very good thing to think about :)

Mad Medea said...

Mmmm..... I have a cunning plan....

AdventuringJen said...

MM - I never know whether to be scared of your cunning plans! ;)
xxx