Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Right now, it's no fun

Actually, that isn't true, a lot of things are a lot of fun at the moment but there are some big loomers that are less fun.
I don't really want to leave New Zealand. I'm well up for going back to the UK for a holiday, seeing all the people I miss, having a proper pint, going to Tesco and Boots, seeing more people...
But I'm so much not ready to live there again. Or rather, to not live here. And this is even the time of year that I most find it odd here (both the Christmas without family and friends and the light warm Christmas too).
But, I know that we have to go and that we are going and thus I can't be so involved or interested in things here any more. There is quite a lot going on at our church at the moment and I don't feel I can express an opinion - and perhaps don't even feel an opinion because very soon it is going to be so irrelevant to us. And what about friends here? Should I cram in as much time as possible with them or should I start cutting ties so that leaving is less painful?
Generally, I just feel highly in limbo, not one place nor the other, not wanting one place or the other. And it isn't so much fun.
So, one thing led to another and I found myself hunting on YouTube for this...and now I feel a lot better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cram. Friends are very important. Pray. Also very important.
Express your opinion. They can always discount it, but you have good opinions and even if you might not be there, the fruits of your thoughts might be!

I'm starting to sound like 'Always wear sun-screan' so I'll stop.

Love R:)

Rosanna said...

Always hold your opinions dear xo

Kezzie said...

Can't see the Utube thing sadly! I would say that whilst you are there, you are of course a relevant and important member of the church. After all, aren't we one catholic (small c) church? And yes, as Ruthie says, ASAP (always say a prayer!). And I would make the opportunity to see your friends as much as you can, without making yourself tired and grumpy!

AdventuringJen said...

g - yeah, I think cram too. and am amused by your "always wear sunscreen"-ness :) thanks lovely. xxx
rosanna - I try! at the moment, I try not to get grumpy with them too! ;)
kezzie - Oh, bummer! (It was the Flanders & Swan Hippopotamus Song btw) Thanks for the words of advice, you are entirely right!