Thursday, September 06, 2007

A very bitty post. Not quite a list, just lots of bits...

Bit 1. So first of all, is it some kind of blogger rule (as in www.blogger..., not as in bloggers) that I must never, ever, ever be able to get the word verification right the first time? And yet I can always get it the second time (except just now when I actually couldn't tell at all what the letters were meant to be). I don't think I have some strange perception issue that means I can type a random assortment of letters correctly the second time I try but never the first...and it isn't like they stay the same. So yes, I have concluded blogger is out to get me...



Bit 2. Today is the kind of day when I would never need to live anywhere but here ever again. The sky is blue and the hills are green and it is lovely and warm (in the car, in the sun....it is actually really rather chilly). Ah.... (The pic is from Saturday, which was another lovely, sunny day).

Bit 3. There are lots of ducks at the end of our road and they are no longer in any way afraid of cars. A number of times recently I've had to just sit and wait for them to move. Which is quite fun in an odd sort of way when you aren't trying to get anywhere very fast. They are also showing signs that it is spring and have started pairing up, sitting cosily in twos. I'm looking forward to seeing all the ducklings!

Bit4. (Quite a lot related to bit three). Several families of blackbird and starling are making nests in our garden. Hurrah!

7 comments:

Mad Medea said...

It does look beautiful... but just remember there are days like that in the Yorkshire Dales!

AdventuringJen said...

:) I know. We just didn't tend to see them much... :)

Rosanna said...

It does look incredibly lovely! Best to enjoy the small things while you can xo

SuzySnoo said...

I just have to say DUCKS!!!!!
:D

AdventuringJen said...

Rosanna - definitely :) it is another of those days today and I just happened to finish work at lunch time :)
Snoo - So many! They were running past our house the other morning and quack quacking, veyr cute!

SuzySnoo said...

I won't tell Andy you said that! He'll make us move there immediatly!!! Hehe!!

AdventuringJen said...

And here we are *almost* ready to come home! ;)
xxx