Friday, August 31, 2007

Socially Inept

I seem to have lost my social skills over the last few days. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what has gone wrong but every time I leave a social setting I just have the distinct feeling that I've been really weird.
Last night, we had people over, as we do every Thursday, for bible study. And at the end of the evening, I got the distinct impression they wanted to run away and hide! I'm not *just* being paranoid, I had been acting really quite oddly all evening.
And today I met a good friend for a cafe moment (not a McCafe moment) and was clearly being odd as she asked several times if all was well... I think I became more normal as time went on but really not great!
But at least I have an evening on my own...I can't scare anyone else...or perhaps I will just hone my weirdy weirdy skills so by the time I'm next in public I can really work the weirdness!

3 comments:

Mad Medea said...

I get phases of that. Normally when I'm sick and I have my out-of-mind experiences (as opposed to out-of-body). I'm sure you'll come right soon.

doctor/woman said...

I get phases of it too. mostly when I'm totally shattered or preoccupied with something else. Although I don't think I go weird so much as coming across reserved and not interested in anyone else.

AdventuringJen said...

MM - yeah, I went to bed at 8pm last night...I think that will help! And I've promised myself some brain dead (midsomer murders...) time today so hopefully I'll be lively this evening
d/w - I think the seeming not interested in anyone else bit is part of mine - perhaps more more not aware though!