Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bleugh

I was intending to post a comedy story today about my supreme geek-ness and how I invigilated a GCSE-level maths exam yesterday and got my knickers in a twist not being able to remember the Quadratic Formula (I was doing the exam over their shoulders...)...
But it has been such a naff few hours that I'm no longer in a position to do that. Naff is definitely the word. Nothing drastic has happened but a whole range of stupid little things that are leading to a lot of swearing in my inner monologue (and occasionally external monologue too). Ok, so the car appears to be buggered, I've lost $100 somewhere (that I got out the other day and is now not in my wallet, only the gloating little receipt with my signature there saying yes I did take it), I couldn't find anything decent for the twins birthday (what do you buy 9 year olds?) so have bought them tat and Husbink will tell me off, Husbink is at work, the bag with the tat then split and with the wind the way it is today I had to chase round the garden to retrieve said tat, the peg pot blew off the washing line as I was taking the washing down so I then had to chase round the garden for the pegs...
So like I said, nothing drastic. Nothing at all really. But it has made me miserable. I have to go out again in two hours and I'm not 100% sure I will have pulled myself together again by then.
If only I could blame it on the hormones. But I've been doing that for about six weeks now and someone might notice soon...
Hey ho

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh dear... I'm sure the twins' tat will be exciting just for being NZ tat. And husbink would not tell you off when it's all been such a pile of bleugh. And if he does tell him even the tart is sympathetic to bleughness... :) Big fluffy hugs (don't worry about the equation thing: be grateful you don't have an essay to finish! xx

AdventuringJen said...

:) Thank you. I do feel mostly better today. And Husbink was sympathetic (though had to be forced into it a little, unfortunately he'd had a bad day too). Today shall be different... I am leading again this morning and singing too. Urgh! Watch out people! Good luck with essay xxx

SuzySnoo said...

(((Hugs)))
Sorry you had such a naff day. I hope everything gets itself sorted out and you have a super day to make up for it!! :)
How did the leading and singing go?

AdventuringJen said...

Thanks Snoo. :) Leading was rough. Really hard work. But it seemed to go well, just hard! Someone even said I had a nice voice. :) Which was very kind of them!! Today the exam I was invigilating finished an hour early (cos I only had 12 students and they were speedy) so that was a nice little bonus for me!
xxx

Amy said...

You do have a nice voice! :) Nobody said that to me in church yesterday and I was doing my best Shirley Bassey impression from the pews! ;) xx

AdventuringJen said...

I'm sure it was beautiful! But I'm guessing that your voice and church is still another subject as it were! :) *Sigh* for you.
xxx
(oh and thank you!)