Friday, October 26, 2007

I hab a cobe

And it isn't very fun. Not at all. Especially as I was actually really enjoying the place I was working this week and was miffed at having to come home sick today.
Tis the worst cold I've had in a long time with associated wooziness, achiness and nausea (from too much snot. sorry.) The point at which I really knew I was sick today was when, channelling hopping, I came across Emmerdale. And didn't flick away from it.
Day time TV here isn't so good as in the UK. And yes, you might question how I'm using the word "good" there. But in the UK there would always be something that I could at least gormlessly watch for a while. Frasier. Tricia. Diagnosis Murder. Neighbours. Quincy. And so on... Today I really struggled. I watched Ellen. Which was alarming and less entertaining than often (there was a Steve Iwin-esque (well maybe Steve Irwin crossed with David Attenborough and meeting at an alarming point in the middle)American man with a bear, a lion cub, a vulture and a boar... The lion cub tried to bite Ellen, the whole audience including the man were terrifed of the vulture.
Fortunately, Mad Medea had sent me a DVD of Northern Exposure some time ago and for whatever reason I'd not watched it until today. I'm really glad I hadn't as it was sooooo much what I needed. Thank you MM! Though it has made me want to watch Men in Trees again...
Hey ho, only 45 minutes to America's Next Top Model. (Husbink has been out all day and is and youth group tonight. Ho hum...)

7 comments:

Mad Medea said...

Sorry to hear of the nasty lurgyiness - full sympathetic vibes winging their way across the world.
Glad you reached for the Northern Exposure... it is tonic for those snot filled days... let me know if you want a few more episodes!

AdventuringJen said...

Thanks MM. And yes, I'd love more episodes :)
Hope you are fully de-lurged now yourself.
xxx

doctor/woman said...

oh no! bad colds are rubbish. feel better xx

AdventuringJen said...

d/w - thank you. :) today is definitely better than yesterday!

Rosanna said...

Feel better soon lovely. Though if Next Top Model doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what will xo

Amy said...

Oh dear, hope you are feeling beter now! The Tart has started a cold which is sad as he is much braver (seemingly) than most men with colds and is always determined not to be pathetic... This tactic almost always means he is poorly for longer than necessary because he won't stop and drinking hot lemon with brandy like he should. xx

AdventuringJen said...

rosanna - I'm almost there! And ANTM did help a lot. As has several very long sleeps!
le welsh - hope the tart's cold has gone away...I never used to think a cold was something to stop for, I have learnt my lesson at last!