Sunday, October 14, 2007

Action stations

I love knitting. So therapeutic and yet still "achieving"!
The other day, Husbink was tidying the kitchen and I wanted to keep chatting to him but couldn't really help (due to the shape of our kitchen) so figured I might as well get a bit of knitting done while chatting. So I tucked the ball of wool into my pocket and stood in the kitchen, knitting and chatting. Husbink laughed at me. Which I expected and probably deserved.
A little while later, I did need to do something but didn't want to put my knitting down so tucked the needles into my other pocket, wool stretched across my front. I was wearing cargo(ish) trousers...and Husbink dubbed me All Action Knitting Barbie.
He's called me many things over the last few years but that one is pretty special...

4 comments:

Rosanna said...

tehe. He sounds like a good person to have around!

PS: Good on you for knitting! I'd love to know how to knit.

AdventuringJen said...

he is :)
I only learnt to knit in April - you should definitely learn, so relaxing :) and yet at the same time you are making a piece of material, crazy!

Amy said...

Classic husbink! I need to hug him; please sort something out ;) What are you knitting? xx

AdventuringJen said...

:) not long now!
I'm currently knitting heaps of small squares to make a big blanket...I'm probably about a fifth of the way there...