Monday, October 09, 2006

Ten Things I Miss About Britain

1. Ginger Nuts
2. Squash. Apple & Blackcurrant particularly.
3. Surly People (especially behind supermarket check outs)
4. Having a "local"
5. People thinking the way I do things is "normal" (like what I want to buy from supermarkets)
6. Understanding the weather...
7. Our Friends (clearly this should really be number one)
8. Radio 2
9. Music (though the counter to that is that there are some AMAZING 90s classics stations...we've been enjoying Ace of Base...)
10. Reasonably priced books (no really, in comparison to here...)

5 comments:

Mad Medea said...

Can't do much about the other 9 (although radio 2 online is top notch) but I can provide an excellent recipe for ginger nut biscuits - 10 mins to make, 10mins to bake. Will be winging its way electronically to you later today.

MMxx

AdventuringJen said...

Excellent! Yes, we would be the people who miss things that aren't postable wouldn't we?! Hey ho! I look forward to a new source of baking soon
xxx

SuzySnoo said...

I whole(nut) heartedly approve of the ginger nuts being at the top. We don't mind being number seven.
Now the book thing I would have a problem with. Are there any secondhand book store places?

Can I just make a comment requesting more photos? (Is Mr expensive camera listening?) Photos of anything. I like photos. Shoes and hair were good.
:)

Amy said...

Ooh, MM! Please can I have that recipe too?! pleasey please!
And I'm with Snoo - more piccies! xx

AdventuringJen said...

Pics on their way! Maybe today maybe tomorrow...promise!
I'll let you know how the ginger nuts turn out.
There are some pretty decent secondhand bookstores so I should survive.
Missing y'all
xxx