Thursday, March 29, 2007

Time for more adventures

Tomorrow, we embark on another adventure, this time with the Scouses. Yay! They have arrived and all is very good (they are currently sleeping off the 36hours of travel...).
We are going for a week long jaunt on the South Island - as long as the ferry crossing is ok tomorrow I'm very excited!
The last week or so has been quite busy with lots of time catching up with people (including a visit from one of my managers from my last job at home) and lots of jobs to be done. I'm very much in need of a holiday but I'm not sure this one will count as relaxing with the distances we intend to cover!
Last Saturday we did a 63k bike ride with some friends. I am amazed that I a) coped with it and b) didn't suffer too much afterwards! I was completely exhausted physically but not really all that sore. Husbink even made me get on my bike again the next day and that was ok! I didn't scream when my bottom made contact with the saddle! Therefore, I've concluded I must be superwoman! An obvious conclusion to make I'm sure...
Time to apply my mind to packing. Hey ho. I promise to post in more detail than you could ever want on my return.
Tally ho!

2 comments:

Mad Medea said...

Wonderful sweetie - hope you enjoy your trip. But make sure you get yourself a special saddle cover as otherwise it can affect the nerve endings "down there".

MM.xx

doctor/woman said...

Have fun adventuring, adventuring jen! Hope you have packed your torch, rope and ginger beer! Am sure you will have a wonderful time xx