Friday, February 05, 2010

One handed blogging

(no capitals...)
baby-boo iscurrently asleep on me. not something i usually encourage but he's so utterly gorgeous today i can't put him down...combined with having been such a good boy since his first injections yesterday...
that really was a horrible experience for me though - having to hold him while pain was inflicted on him - twice...
Right, now I have two hands...he was so totally zonked out I thought I'd try putting him down (usually doesn't work all that well...) and he's stayed asleep long enough for me to have a sandwich so I thought I'd return to this.
I don't really have anything to say. Although we are starting to come back to life/sanity/whatever, all I do really is feed and change nappies and try to get some sleep. Feeding can be lovely but is also very, very hard. Changing nappies can actually be a lot of fun, Baby-Boo is often at his happiest when able to kick about on the changing mat. Trying to get sleep...can be exciting when it works (bed time has been fairly consistent this week, before 11.30. Very exciting for me who used to like to be in bed not very much after 10...) and can be soul destroying when it doesn't (and you have no idea why because as far as you can tell everything is exactly as it was yesterday.)
So, like I say, not much to say here but I thought having made an effort to blog again, I'd try to keep it up.
I shall do more pics soon. And perhaps one day I'll post the "birth story" not particularly because you want to read it but because it might be nice to write it.

2 comments:

Pomgirl said...

Oh, the poor babe. I can imagine how horrible that would be for you all. Is that the end of the injections? I would definitely be interested to read your 'birth story' and it might be good for you to have a record of it, though I'm sure you'll never forget it!

Give baby-boo a big cuggle from me x

AdventuringJen said...

Lots of injections to go! :( two more lots at four week gaps...bless him! The third lot involves 3 injections... I'm sure I'll cry at all of them! Then he gets a break til he's one then they start again :(
but he did so well and wasn't ill at all and barely even grumpy :)
xxx