Thursday, October 22, 2009

A really weird coincidence...

A lot of the time at the moment, I can feel the little one wriggling around in my tummy. He's a busy lad and whenever the midwife says "is he moving ten times a day?" I just laugh - he's often done at least half of his quota before I get out of bed...
I can't however guarantee what is going to make him move (though Husbink's hand on my belly often makes him stop...he's showing signs of being a little difficult!) but there is one thing that I'm sure is just coincidence but it has happened too many times now and is frankly a little weird...
My ankles have a bit of a tendency to lock (they always have done, or for years at least, this isn't a special pregnancy issue like all the others I could witter on about) and I have to strain a little and make them crack.
And he jumps. Not just after the crack but as they crack, he jumps. He can be totally still, having a little rest but an ankle crack equals a jump. He'll then go back to sleep. My elbows click but he doesn't jump for them. Just my ankles. Crack-jump.
It has to be coincidence but it's happened so much and it is really rather bizarre!

2 comments:

Pomgirl said...

Haha. I'm guessing it doesn't work when you crack your knuckles (not that I imagine you crack your knuckles, do women ever do that?) How long is it 'til the big day, pet?

AdventuringJen said...

Three. Weeks. Today. Or five, if he's cosy. I'm hoping he isn't toooooooo cosy...can't wait! :)
Sadly my knuckles do crack, I don't crack them but they do crack. Like my neck :( falling to pieces? Nah!