Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's a miracle!

So.
I used to have lots of trouble with my hands when we lived in Leeds. Lots of trouble with dry skin, cracked, bleeding, ow... Mostly I blamed this on the OCD at the time.
We left Leeds, the OCD got better and so did my hands.
After a few years we moved back to the same lovely county and the same lovely water board. And my hands.....OUCH! For the past year and a bit they have been getting worse and worse. I concluded pregnancy wasn't helping. But all it takes is a few days away from here at my parents' or even better at Husbink's. My hands clear up amazingly quickly.
I'd pretty much given up on the hope of them getting better while we lived here and just resorted to using a huge amount of handcream day and night.
Two days ago, I ran out of soap in the bathroom and found a random bar of moisturising soap in the drawer. It is a miracle! Yesterday and the day before I forgot to put handcream on during the day and my hands were only really dry at bed time rather than destroyed. At the moment, there are just a few little patches that aren't quite supple...
I've used various different soaps while we've lived here (it all comes down to what is on offer, right?) and various different degrees of super-moisturising handcream but nothing has worked like this! Woop! I am no longer in danger of bleeding on people's tablecloths (this happened at a student's house last year).
Ok, not the most exciting post in the world but one of the most exciting developments for me!

3 comments:

suncloud said...

Hands are important things... nice to have them working somehwat working...

My Mum think s mine are puffy...

But wooooo for getting your hands less dry cracky bleedy... (Would it work on my nose?)

Mad Medea said...

glad the soap is working - but did you ever try a hand salve like burt's bees....?

AdventuringJen said...

Suncloud - I don't think so... (re your nose) but you never know!
MM - I didn't try Burt's Bees specifically but I tried a multitude of different styles of handcream/balm/lotion/poultice (that may not be quite true...)