Thursday, May 08, 2008

Big news, big news!

I've tried to blog in the last few weeks, truly I have, but I've lacked vocabulary to achieve it. Still, here I am as I thought an update really was necessary with all the changes that have occurred in the Adventuring household of late.
The first being that we are indeed a household again having moved into our onw place on Saturday. It was all just a touch crazy as Husbink decided to have flu Friday-Monday so mostly I did the moving but there we are with our own roof (and more to the point own kitchen, I have missed cooking!) and everything. It is a short term let as the landlords want to get it back into the student pattern and that suited us fine.
The next bit of news is that I have a job, three days a week in a lovely outdoors shop in town. I had been interviewed about four weeks ago but turned down as the other candidate actually had relevant experience! However, the other candidate then changed their mind. One thing and another meant that I wasn't told this until last Wednesday. I had a wee chat with them on Thursday and I started on Tuesday. Wednesday was an utterly crazy day as I was also offered another job (working for a PCT with a 40 minute commute each way...there were several problems with this job!!). I'd just concluded that I would not get short term work in Carlisle and then two jobs come along, crazy!
The final piece of news is that Husbink has one of these magical mystical training jobs that we'd all but given up on. What's more, it is in Yorkshire (we can't be more specific yet) and so that puts us back nice and near doctor/woman & mr me, Snoo & the Hub and all kinds of other lovely people - as well as just generally being closer to most of the world than we are in Carlisle. Though I will be sad to leave Carlisle and the Lakes so soon. It took me a little bit of getting used to but I'm in the zone now...another fresh start looms!

PS a special prize to anyone who knows what song I'm singing having written that title...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feels like I should perhaps know it... But I don't...
But congratulabitations to you and he and the both of you. Did I tell you I've decided I'm moving to Harrogate! (well maybe not, but it seemed a good idea on Monday night).

Ellie said...

Congratulations! It's always good having your own place, you can never really relax until you're 'home' I find.

This is just a stab in the dark, but are you singing 'New York! New York!'...?

Rosanna said...

I can't guess the song... Damn it.

Congratulations on the new abode AND the new job. That is fab news! I hope it is all going well.

doctor/woman said...

I was going to say New York New York. But prob only cos I had it in my head for about a month when I went to New York! Congratulations to Husbink and looking forward to having you in the same county as well as the same continent!
PS my browser keeps freezing when I go to your blog - do you know why this might be?

AdventuringJen said...

With regards to the song, i win! I shall attempt to find it on YouTube and you can all tell me how dreadfully sad I am...
Suncloud - Would you like Harrogate? I thought I would then I realised I'd just like to be that close to Betty's...
Ellie - Thanks! IT is gooooooood!
Rosanna - all is going well indeed :) thanks :)
d/w - with regard to the freezing...when I'm on my inlaws comp, it can't cope with um, argh, I can't remember what it was, but whatever player the mentos/coke experiment was embedded with...but I think that has dropped off the bottom of the page now...or it could be the flickr or lastfm tags. Let me know if it doesn't improve and I can remove things one at a time!
looking forward to sharing a county with you too! xxx