Monday, April 23, 2007

If I don't write a title straight away, I forget...

So anyway.
Husbink and I have just (mostly) wasted the last week of our lives. Not as in the last week ever. As in the week just gone. The way in which we have wasted it may explain why I felt compelled to clarify that...
Last Monday we both felt pretty lousy. Wiped out. Bleugh. So we went to the library to rent some DVDs and accept that we were in need of a couple of "sick days".
Thing is, one of the DVDs we rented was the entire third season of 24. Those you who knew me at the time of the first season (particularly those of you who lived with me during that time) will know the effect it had on me. Those of you who didn't know me then...nice one!
I started watching season two but managed to stay detached enough that a few weeks of holiday broke my resolve. I had successfully avoided any further seasons until now.
So now we both think everyone is watching us, that we are about to uncover a plot of some hideous nature and that either one of us could die any moment. Nice.
I returned all the DVDs to the library today. I didn't want to get any more DVDs out but having had to go round the carpark three times to get a space, I felt compelled to do something more than just drop off the returns. So I just thought I'd check to be sure. And it is ok. They do have season 4...

7 comments:

doctor/woman said...

oh dear! I have still managed not to watch a whole episode of 24, like ever. If I did I'm sure I'd get sucked in too. By the way, someone with an American accent was on the phone the other day saying they were an old friend of yours and wanted your current contact details, and did I know your mother's maiden name....

Mad Medea said...

Yes - that was one I avoided too. Looked good, but knew I couldn't afford another series to get addicted too.... Hope the paranoia doesn't last too long xx

Leticia said...

Hello!!! I have a blog about television. I leave you mi url:

www.lamoscadelatele.blogspot.com

Visit me please!!!
Thanks you very much!!!!

Ruth said...

Oh dear, I fully understand. I cannot *not* watch more and more episodes if I have them on DVD. I bought and consumed series 3 in about a week. And then the same for series 4. I felt a bit sick at myself. But it was so compelling. Ergh, Jen the only thing to do is to watch only the first and last episodes. It is much like Lost - which I WILL NOT let myself get sucked in to.

Love you! Ruth

AdventuringJen said...

d/w - well done! keep safe! And on the last bit...deny everything or they may kidnap you for hostage purposes!
mm - the biggest problem with it is the long term commitment. At least with most series they are either short or episodes are at least a little closer to stand alone. With 24 it really did seem to be a full 24 week commitment!
Ruth - Yeah, Lost is one that I have avoided, along with Prison Break. And Grey's Anatomy. They keep showing really long ads for all three here at the mo, so you almost get sucked in just from the ads! badness!
Much love!
xxxx

Rosanna said...

Feel better soon! I've been sick, so I've been watching... The Lion king. I'm cool.

AdventuringJen said...

Hi Rosanna, welcome!
There is NOTHING wrong with the Lion King! And watching lots of tv is definitely the best thing about being sick...