Friday, April 04, 2008

These are a few of my favourite things...

(Because, frankly, I've been in quite a big sulk the last few days. I'm sick to the back teeth of all this stupid unknown crap and ridiculous NHS-controling-our-lives thing. So I thought I'd do some active "happy thoughts"...)

1. My shiny (well, actually, very mat) new walking shoes. They aren't proper boots, just posh trainers. They were reduced from £70 to £20. Best of all? While they are respectable and sensible and navy blue and grey on the outside...on the inside, they're bright red!

2. Elderflower cordial/elderflower presse. Just yum. Makes up for missing lemon, lime & bitters, except it isn't quite as easily available.

3. Knitting. All the time. Husbink's sis is a big knitter now too and is encouraging me to more adventurous things!

4. Home & Away. It makes me happy. I love a bit of melodrama.

5. Baking. As has been the case for quite some time. I do love baking.

6. My new tops. I got home to discover that, on the whole, the clothes I left behind 18 months previously had been left behind for good reason. I don't exactly have cash to throw about the place at the moment but have managed a few new tops of late. They all make me happy.

7. My random voluntary job in the fair trade shop in town. I walked in...and didn't walk out! It keeps me occupied and hopefully if I find some paid employment, I can then do some interesting work for them as they have a resource centre thingy too.

8. My FiL's Micra. I am now insured on this as well as mine & Husbink's car. It is a banger. Literally. There are weird noises... But somehow, I'm really rather taken with it

9. Swingball. Husbink and I played swingball for an hour or so last Sunday. Things went from REALLY BAD to quite ok actually.

10. That Dr Who is back on Saturday night. Admittedly, having just seen the Christmas episode for the first time, I'm a little concerned...it was very silly...but I have faith!

5 comments:

Rosanna said...

What is swing ball?? I have heard so many awful things about NHS. I hope I never have to deal with them!

Ruth said...

Oh, I *love* lemon, lime and bitters. I totally agree. I think it could work as a base for long island iced tea...but I've yet to experiment. Cordial is good too as well though. Yum.

Pleased to hear you have a FT job. You rock, Lady Warrior (clearly the name of your next boat).

Ruth said...

Ooo, and I totally am envious of you with the Dr Who, even though it is undeniably silly. Is it very bad that I still got the podcast where they all do commentaries, so I sort of know what happened but not really?

Ellie said...

I too am jealous about Dr Who! I'm seriously considering buying them all on dvd...when I can afford it :/

I want David Tennant! :(

AdventuringJen said...

Rosanna - Swing ball...tennis ball, piece of string, big pole, two people, tennis rackets, trying to get the ball to your end of the pole (spin it up or down) first...does that make any sense?!
ruthing - I'd love to have a boat called Lady Warrior! And Dr Who - still a little silly but getting better week on week. Husbink still V unconvinced by Donna but there are strenuous rumours that Rose is in an episode which pleases me :)
Ellie - don't be *toooooo* envious yet! Yes, David Tennant is wonderful but the chemistry is lacking so far this season, and as yet so are the baddies! Though I think this week....