Friday, December 01, 2006

It's Over

Movember is over! Thank goodness!
"What is Movember?" I hear you cry!
Well, the Pom may have heard about it (I hope the Boy doesn't get involved in it...) as it started in Australia but I had never heard about it before this year...
Movember is a charity that raises awareness of men's health issues, mostly prostate cancer. And it works by a group of men (colleagues, friends, whatever) all agreeing to not shave their moustaches for the entire of November. They have to keep their chins shaved (so that it is definitely a moustache) but they can then do whatever they like...They can be sponsored but much of the point is just that they look awful so that people ask them what they think they're doing.
Husbink's work decided they would participate in Movember this year and much as I am supportive of the cause, I am so relieved it is over! I have asked his permission so here is a picture...

This was following a late shift on November 30th and the longest the Mo' managed to get. It was like Christmas come early to arrive home on Friday lunch time following my last supervision session to find the moustache gone! Ah, the relief...I am no longer considering divorce...

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO familiar! Who is it?! (And I'm not being funny; I know full well that I have met Husbink and all, but he reminds me so badly of someone.) Famous? Sporting? Help!

SuzySnoo said...

He looks fantastic!!

Welshy's right, he does remind me of someone.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear god - now I understand why moustache's are not in fashion. I'm full on supportive of facial hair (screamed when Husband shaved off his goatee) but moustache's are a no no. Well all in the name of a good cause I guess!

AdventuringJen said...

Welsh & Snoo - yeah, I totally agree! Particularly when he pulled the silly "I'm a pompous man with moustache" face he looked so like someone...but I haven't got there yet. Hmm... I think it is a character in a film rather than a famous person as it were...but beyond that...
MM - yup. It was hideous wasn't it? I was a bit gutted I didn't get a chance to see the rest of the department...some of the moustaches sounded very comical! (they were coming up with awards like "colombian drug lord moustache" and "the tom selleck award for the most luxurious moustache" and "the hercule poirot award for the most stylish moustache"...)

Anonymous said...

Husband has suggested Biggles - have to say I agree with him!

Pomgirl said...

I had never heard about it until The Boy mentioned it, but he is banned from growing a 'tache as they seriously give me the creeps :)

I understand your relief!

AdventuringJen said...

Hmm...I left a comment yesterday and it hasn't shown up. Clearly my own blog doesn't like me now!
MM - can see where you are coming from, though I think it's someone else for me...
Pom - good banning! Well done! I think I will have to in future...he's done it once, surely that is enough!?