Sunday, August 27, 2006

AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGH!

So you know when things go really, really right but it makes everything really, really complicated?!
Today has been a Good Day. We went to the local church near the hospital...we'd read their website and thought they seemed Sound and had also had them recommended to us by the woman in the Christian bookshop following my description of St Matthias ("Well, it is technically Anglican. But it's not."). So we arrived at 9am and went to the morning worship service. Which was good but a wee bit formal. But afterwards so many people talked to us that by the time we made it to the hall for coffee (as in latte! And five types of tea! And freshly baked muffins!) we were greeted with " Ah! You must be our new couple!". So we stayed for coffee and then stayed for the 10.30 family service. The children's ministry is amazing. Well over 100 kids all in this huge hall with different stands doing different things. So then the band taught the church "In Christ Alone", the final hymn was "Be Thou My Vision" (in 3/4 with original words no less!!) and a guy called Nigel Pollack that some of you may have heard of (I've heard him a couple of times at Word Alive - scottish student ministry guy) did the sermon. We were then invited to a couple's house for lunch, had a lovely time, went on a big walk with them (360 views over Wellington, the Hutt and even to South Island!).
So, the argh part. We want this to be our church, we are pretty sure it is right that it is our church. But we don't know what to do about where to live. The place mentioned yesterday is not close to the church. If we lived there we'd always have to "travel" to church. We wouldn't be able to just be there. Which would mean travelling to housegroup. Travelling to all the activities it has on that I want to be involved in. Travelling to any friends houses. Which doesn't seem a good plan.
I've also been reminded today that part of the plan for this year was for me to be able to take some time out, not feel compelled to work, be able to volunteer, be able to spend time with God, have some space. If we go with the first place, I'm going to have to work to afford. But if we don't go with the first place, well, we don't know what we'll end up with. And I'm going to have to make this decision tomorrow kind of single handedly while Andy is at work. I think I know the decision we will make but argh none the less.
Humph.
Apologies all that this is perhaps not as jolly and uplifting as yesterday in terms of a post. But actually, I probably am more jolly and uplifted than I was yesterday. Although this increases our stress for a while as we don't know whether we have somewhere to live sorted or what will happen, it feels much more like the right decision to me. I am much more at peace with it.
And we might still get sea views.
And the coffee in Petone (our current favourite suburb of the Hutt - pronouced pe-toe-knee) (ish)) is as good as any in Wellington.
And it has ferries and trains and buses galore.
And Andy will be able to cycle to work.
So we just need to see what Monday morning brings now.
Hopefully there will be a silly post for you sometime tomorrow!
Mwah, mwah!

4 comments:

Amy said...

CANNOT get used to you drinking coffee! ;)
But I shall pray - would that be good?
As long as you don't mind that I am going to pray in the bath with a glass of brandy? (As in, a relaxing experience, not some strange prayer ritual thing I have dreamed up!) No, didn't think you would! ;) xxx

Amy said...

PS Sermon blog just has to be done!

AdventuringJen said...

Never you fear! I'm not actually onto the coffee drinking myself as yet - still a bit of fear of all that milk!! But Andy enjoys it hugely.
Off to estate agents now, brandy&bath prayers appreciated!

SuzySnoo said...

I like Welshy's prayer ritual very much! ;)

Suzy